When you hear of Russia you think of Volga, Vodka, Ulkal, Baikal, Moscow, St Petersburg, Trans Siberian railway, Husky sledge, Reindeers, Lena, Ob, Yenisi, Onion Domes, Kremlin.
A lot of world war movies have shown Russia and Siberia. The winters of Russia were so cold that German army could not withstand it. Germany thought it would capture Russia before winter, but they were wrong. ‘As far as my feet carries me’ is one of those classic movies where a war prisoner escapes from camps from Siberia. Russia is a country of never ending land. Trans siberian railway is perhaps the longest train ride.
Moscow is the Capital of Russia which is an 800 years old city. Important places of attraction are Kremlin, Redsquare, St. Basil’s cathedral and various museums in the city.
St Petersburg is called the cultural capital and there is always a rivalry between Moscow and Petersburg. This is commonly visited place in Russia with Moscow.
Other important places of tourist attractions are.
- Golden Ring – The Golden Ring is a collection of historic Russian cities, northeast of Moscow and southeast of Saint Petersburg.
- Kazan – Kremlin, Kul Sharif mosque are some of the famous tourist attractions
- Lake Baikal – Biggest and Deepest freshwater lake in the world and is a world heritage site.
- Nizhny Novgorod
- Vladivostok – It is the eastern terminal of the Trans Siberian railway. Very close to Korea and Japan.
- Veliky Novgorod – This is situated between Moscow and St Petersburg. Kremlin, St Sophia capital and various museums are places of tourist attractions.
- Sochi – This lies on the shores of Black Sea south of Russia. Due to the subtropical weather this is warmer destination on Russian Riviera.
- Day 1 Russia Arrival
- Day 2 - 3 - St.Petersburg.
- Day 4: Veliky Novgorod.
- Day 5 – 7: Moscow.
- Day 8 – 9: Kazan.
- Day 10 – 12: Sochi.
- Day 13: Sochi to St.Petersburg / Moscow , Train/Flight.
- Day 14: Departure to India
Since Russia is very vast spread country in length and breadth, weather varies. Generally the weather in Russia is cold, in winter places like Siberia becomes extreme cold with temperatures falling subzero and snow everywhere. Warm days start from mid April. Summers last upto August.
Russian Ruble is the currency in Russia.
Russia has 7 time zones. Moscow is UTC+3 which is 2 and a half house behind Indian time.